Motorised blinds are often referred to as smart blinds, since they have the ‘smart’ technology in them that means they can be set to automated, opening and closing at certain times.
Like any blind, keeping them in good condition will depend on how well they are maintained as you go. However unlike regular blinds, if a motorized blind is in need of repair, it may mean you will require a mechanic to fix them.
Maintain with Regular Cleaning
As with any other blind, the smart blinds will require regular vacuuming to keep them free of dust. This dust, if left on blinds too long, will require more effort to clean so it is best to get it cleaned while it is easier to remove.
Here is how to clean smart blinds:
Start from the top and work your way down to the bottom. Take a soft, clean cloth, or a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush fitting and carefully brush/wipe all sides of the blind to ensure that all dust is removed. Alternatively, you can use a rubber sponge (without any water) or a wool duster.
Do and Don’ts for Motorized Blinds
- For wood blinds, do ensure that you use the correct cleaning solutions to prolong the life of the wood on your blinds.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals or cleaning products on your blinds.
- To maintain the brilliance of your motorized blinds, use vinegar with water. Mix equal parts together and then using a clean cloth, dipped in the solution, gently wipe.
- Don’t use too much pressure when wiping the blinds.
- Do remember that the different components of your blinds can be quite delicate, so ensure that you are taking this into consideration while you are cleaning them.
- Do clean blinds during the day when there is sunshine to dry them effectively, as moist blinds can contribute to mould if they do not dry quickly.
- Don’t forget to also clean your window frames and glass (both inside and outside) to keep dust at bay and your blinds looking their best.
Talk to Us
Whether you have motorized blinds already installed in your home, or you are looking to have some installed, Blind Concepts can help with all of your blind needs.
Give us a call today to discuss all of your blind needs, including cleaning, replacement of parts and installation.